Dubai is the fastest developing nation of the East. It covers all the superlatives-Highest, Biggest, Richest.
Undoubtedly it has become of business, career opportunities and lifestyle in the modern world. Though there is still some rules and regulations, the natives have to follow but if you’re just here as a tourist or on any business project, then guys you must take as much from the country as you can,because here it is Plenty!
Ranging from their gold, cars, oil to their pets, the Dubai-ans have far beaten us in everything.
If you haven’t visited the country yet, you might have heard something about this paradise from your relatives or cousins living there. And believe me, this country has as much swag on the outside as it has on the inside.
These unknown facts about the country will fill you with awe an surprise. Ready? Here we go!
1. The natives known as the Emiratis makes upto only 15% of the population. The rest are originally from either India, Bangladesh, Pakistan or many European countries.
2. There are some ATMs in Dubai which gives out gold coins.
3. The pride of Dubai, Burj Kahlifa is so tall that people living on the 80th floor or above have to wait longer than the ones living in the lower apartments to have breakfast during the month of Ramadan. It is due to the delayed appearance of the sun to the upper floor residents.
4. Though being one of the largest oil-producing countries in the world, Dubai’s oil exports only constitute up to 6% of its economy. Majority of it comes from real-estate and tourism.
5. Emiratis are very fond of domesticating dangerous animals like tigers and cheetah and other exotic ones.
6. Dubai has the biggest shopping center of the world. The Dubai Mall, consists of 12oo stores ranging from famous brands like Gymboree, Pottery Barn, Harley Davidson etc etc etc. And lots of etc!
7. Look at the then and now pictures of the country. It has come a long way in the sphere of development.
8. They love everything at a sky-level. This is scary for us but for them it adds to the enjoyment.
9. Do you know Dubai invests millions of dollars in their camel racing tournaments. Forget horse-riding tournaments! Adding to the surprise, even robots take part in these races.
10. Forget about online shopping in Dubai as it has no address system, no zip codes, no area codes and no postal system. I’m sad now!
11. The soon to be launched, Dubailand will be far bigger than Disneyland of Hong Kong. It is expected to be the largest tourist destination in the world by 2020.
12. The metro station in Dubai which was opened in 2009 took only 18 months to complete. It consists of 42 stations.
13. The police department in the country owns cars like Lamborghini, Ferrari, and Bentley.
14. Apart from the common festivals, there are many interesting festivals, celebrated in the country. Some of these are Dubai shopping festivals, luxury car parade, and an exclusive mustang parade etc.
15. The interior designing of Burj-Al-Arab is next to extraordinary. A stunning 1,790 sq-mt. of 24-carat gold leaf is embedded in the inside.
16. One golf course in the country is so huge that it requires over 4,000,000 gallons of water a day.
17. In 2013, Dubai became the hub of trading in gold amounting up to 40% of physical gold. It was weighted over 354 elephants.
18. Burj Kahlifa is the tallest building in the world with 164 floors.