On one hand, where the Government is striving towards development, on the other, many universities have ruined the future of students. To explain it further we can say that these universities have no right to issue educational degrees. Delhi and Uttar Pradesh reportedly have the highest number of fake universities and institutes.
In a recent development by UGC and AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education), the names of 23 universities and institutes have been found. UGC have listed their names on their website to warn students.
These universities have been declared fake by the University Grants Commission (UGC): –
- Commercial University Ltd.
- United Nations University
- Vocational University
- Indian Institute of Science and Engineering
- Vishwakarma Open University for Self-Employment
- ADR-Centric Juridical University
- Maithili University, Darbhanga
- Badaganvi Sarkar World Open University Education Society, Belgaum
- St. John’s University, Kishanattam
An official said, “We send the list of unapproved and unregulated technical institutions to concerned state authorities for taking appropriate action against such institutions.”